In The News
- Trump Threatens To Order Military To 'Close Our Southern Border' Over Immigration - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:09:30 -0400
President Donald Trump on Thursday threatened to shut the U.S.-Mexico border,
- Beto goes negative on Cruz in new ads - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:13:00 -0400
Democratic Senate hopeful Beto O’Rourke is running new ads in which he criticizes his Republican opponent, Sen. Ted Cruz.
- These 25 Hurricane Michael Photos Show The Struggle To Survive, 1 Week On - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:28:53 -0400
It's been one week since Hurricane Michael slammed into the Florida Panhandle
- Yahoo News Explains: What Canada's cannabis legalization will look like - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:20:40 -0400
Here's what you need to know about Canada's recent legalization of cannabis.
- Residents still picking up the pieces in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 13:23:13 -0400
Food and water is still hard to come by in devastated areas of Florida.
- Police officer lectures boys playing with BB gun: 'Do you think I want to shoot an 11-year-old?' - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:43:28 -0400
An Ohio police officer is being praised online after turning a call that could
- Evangelical Leader Pat Robertson On Saudi Arabia: 'We've Got To Cool The Rhetoric' - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:39:44 -0400
Evangelical Christian leader Pat Robertson called this week for Americans to
- Ford Is Increasing GT Production by 350 Units and Reopening Applications - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:20:00 -0400
Total production will now be 1350 cars through 2022.
- Mark Peterson awarded 2018 W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund Grant in Humanistic Photography - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:56:52 -0400
The W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund announced on Wednesday evening, Oct. 17, that Mark Peterson is the recipient of this year’s $35,000 Grant in Humanistic Photography for his project, The Past is Never Dead. The Eugene Smith Grant will help Peterson further explore the social life of the resurgent Confederacy, the removal of Confederate statues, names on schools and streets, and record the process of the long-term impact of these initiatives. Mr. Peterson’s project was selected among 314 entries from 53 countries, the most ever submitted to the Smith Grant since its inception in 1980.
- Julián Castro says he's 'likely' to run for president in 2020 - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:36:48 -0400
Julián Castro, former San Antonio mayor and U.S. secretary of housing and urban development in the Obama administration, was unusually open about his political ambitions in an interview with Yahoo Finance.
- Women Heckle Ted Cruz In Airport Over Kavanaugh Vote - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:25:01 -0400
A video posted to Twitter shows women tailing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at an
- Many Floridians Still Lack Cell Service After Hurricane Michael - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 07:07:52 -0400
The Federal Communications Commission head said he plans to investigate the
- California surgeon, girlfriend face new rape, other charges - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 22:01:17 -0400
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A California surgeon and his girlfriend were charged Wednesday with crimes against five additional victims in addition to two women they were previously charged with drugging and sexually assaulting.
- President Avenatti? Lawyer for Stormy Daniels and Julie Swetnick wants the 2020 Democratic nomination, arguing that no one will swing harder at Trump - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:41:21 -0400
Michael Avenatti would like to turn his newfound fame into political power, in order to take down the man who did precisely that two years ago.
- Multidrug-resistant salmonella linked to chicken products sickens nearly 100 people across 29 states - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:18:00 -0400
A multidrug-resistant strain of salmonella linked to raw chicken products has
- Putin says can't justify spoiling Saudi ties over Khashoggi affair - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:24:37 -0400
President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia did not have enough information about the unexplained disappearance of a Saudi journalist to justify spoiling ties with Riyadh. Turkey says Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist who was critical of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was killed by Saudi agents in Riyadh's diplomatic mission in Istanbul on Oct. 2 and his body cut up. Saudi Arabia denies the allegation.
- White Woman Calls Police On Black Man Watching His Son's Soccer Game - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 22:08:49 -0400
A white woman who called the police on a black man cheering on his son at a
- Texas Mom Chases Son, Beats Him With Belt After He Takes Family's BMW and Goes on Joyride - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:00:11 -0400
Aaron Martinez, 14, was able to sneak out after disabling the home Wi-Fi.
- McConnell Defends Lawsuit to Undo Pre-Existing Condition Protection - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:00:00 -0400
“Our candidates are able to deal with it,” McConnell said regarding a barrage of Democratic ads criticizing his party’s candidates on the issue. The case, filed by Texas and backed by the Trump administration, contends that because Congress eliminated the tax penalty for violating the requirement that most individuals have insurance, the rest of the law including the consumer protections must be thrown out. Many legal scholars see the lawsuit as a long shot, including some conservatives who supported previous suits against Obamacare.
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:09:15 -0400
Canada became the first industrialized nation to legalize recreational cannabis on Wednesday, but a legal buzz will be hard to come by in its biggest cities. Some, including Toronto and Vancouver, will have no stores open.
- Chief Justice John Roberts Stresses Court's Independence After Kavanaugh Confirmation - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 06:15:36 -0400
Addressing the bitter, partisan battle over Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court
- Harvey Weinstein accuser told by investigator to delete texts she wanted to keep private - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:40:24 -0400
The Manhattan District Attorney’s office has informed Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys that the lead detective investigating alleged sexual assault allegations against the disgraced Hollywood producer told an accuser to delete texts from her phone before handing it over to authorities. The new revelation comes as questions have arisen about the handling of the investigation, with the district attorney’s office dropping part of the case against Mr Weinstein after it was discovered the the same detective had allegedly coached another witness. Mr Weinstein, who has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex or touching, has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct, but is facing an investigation in New York related to three accusations.
- Democratic Senate candidate would meet with Trump - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:01:27 -0400
Former Democratic Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen extended an olive branch to the president saying he'd like to work with Donald Trump in lowering the prices of prescription drugs in America.
- Beto O’Rourke Borrows 'Lyin' Ted' Insult As He Repeatedly Attacks Sen. Cruz In Texas Debate - Tue, 16 Oct 2018 23:57:03 -0400
AUSTIN, Texas ― Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke repeatedly attacked Sen.
- SAP to stay in Saudi Arabia, hopes for clarity on missing journalist - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:46:09 -0400
SAP, Europe's most valuable tech company, will continue to do business in Saudi Arabia, a top executive told Reuters, saying he hoped the circumstances of the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi are clarified. "We can't put a long-term commitment to a market into question in response to an isolated incident," Chief Financial Officer Luka Mucic told Reuters. "Having said that, I would hope that this case can be cleared up as soon as possible." Mucic had not been planning to attend a conference in Saudi Arabia next week that has been hit by high-profile cancellations amid concerns that Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post, was murdered inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
- What Defines Normal? Millions Search Google Every Day For Answers - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:36:58 -0400
Days before India's Supreme Court overturned a colonial-era law that made gay
- Falling Ford Pickup Tailgates Draw Federal Safety Probe - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:56:37 -0400
Government regulators opened an investigation this week into why some Ford heavy-duty pickup truck power tailgates are falling open. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is ...
- Republicans Will Repeal Obamacare If They Get The Chance, Mitch McConnell Says - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:21:00 -0400
Republicans could make another run at repealing the Affordable Care Act if
- Pot by Numbers: The Nitty Gritty of Canada's Marijuana Scene - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:00:09 -0400
Canadian households consumed about C$5.5 billion ($4.2 billion) worth of cannabis in 2017, or 773 tonnes, according to the federal statistics agency, which estimates the production value of the plant at C$5.1 billion. Based on the models of the federal statistics agency, Canada is a net exporter of marijuana, running a trade surplus with the world of C$664 million.
- 2019 Porsche Macan: New Look, New V-6s, More Power - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:59:00 -0400
Porsche has released a base price for the revised Macan.
- Dad Shot Dead by 16-Year-Old Son Who Was Protecting Mother: Authorities - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:58:37 -0400
Sheriff's deputies determined 54-year-old Javier Vera was choking his wife shortly before he was killed.
- Iran's Navy-Killer Missiles Now Have Double the Range - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:02:00 -0400
Iranian Revolutionary Guard aerospace division chief Amirali Hajizadeh declared Tuesday that Iran had boosted the range of its land-to-sea ballistic missiles up to 700 km, or 435 miles, Reuters reports, capable of hitting “any vessel or ship” at that range.
- Trump threatens to send military against immigrant 'onslaught' - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:39:54 -0400
President Donald Trump threatened Thursday to send the military to close the US-Mexican border against an "onslaught" of migrants, stepping up his anti-immigrant rhetoric ahead of congressional elections. Trump has made his call for a wall on the southern border a signature issue of his two-year presidency, but Thursday's tweet storm was especially fierce.
- State Department Aide Heather Nauert Dragged Over 'Stunningly Tone Deaf' Saudi Arabia Photo - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:13:34 -0400
State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert visited Saudi Arabia this week for
- Twitter's Plea To 'Be Sweet When You Tweet' Quickly Flies Off The Rails - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:55:30 -0400
Twitter made a simple request on Wednesday, but many users of the social
- Texas floods: One dead after state of emergency declared over near-record downpour - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:53:00 -0400
Texas faces the threat of further flooding after days of heavy rain - with at least one person having died thanks to the downpour. A state of emergency has already been declared in 18 counties with the flooding having led to the collapse of a bridge. Within a span of 24 hours, the Llano River, northwest of Austin, Texas, rose from 10 feet to nearly 40 feet, just shy of an all-time record.
- New Finds From RH - Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:00:00 -0400
- BMW presents X7 premium family SUV - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:25:06 -0400
German car manufacturer BMW has unveiled its new X7 seven-seater luxury SUV, due out in March 2019.
- Fuel Economy and Driving Range - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:00:00 -0400
From Car and DriverFuel Economy and Driving Range Rating:
- Yahoo News Explains: What Canada’s cannabis legalization will look like - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:55:00 -0400
Oh, Canada! Weed is now legal in the great white north, making it the second country to legalize cannabis, after Uruguay. Residents can order it online and have it shipped through the mail — something still illegal in the U.S.
- Democrats Pounce On Mitch McConnell For Blaming Debt On Social Security, Medicare - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:30:57 -0400
For months now, Democratic leaders and congressional candidates have argued
- Pompeo begins Latin America trip amid tensions over migrant caravan - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:10:45 -0400
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrived Thursday in Panama at the start of a tour of the Central American region that President Donald Trump blames for an "onslaught" of US-bound migrants. Pompeo, who will head to Mexico on Friday, had talks in Panama City with President Juan Carlos Varela and Foreign Minister Isabel Saint Malo, who is also vice-president.
- Rod Rosenstein Offers 'Forceful Defense' Of 'Appropriate' Russia Probe: WSJ - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:27:20 -0400
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has offered what The Wall Street
- Woman charged in death of toddler found buried in park - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:38:11 -0400
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A toddler's caregiver was charged with murder in the suffocation death of the baby whose body was found partially buried in a public park with the top of her head exposed, police said Thursday.
- French foie gras makers say they are ready if bird flu returns - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:30:39 -0400
French foie gras makers, still recovering from two severe bird flu crises that ravaged flocks, said on Thursday they would be able to face any new outbreak thanks to strict security measures but prices will remain high to make up for increased costs. France, which has one of the largest poultry flocks in the European Union, is one of the countries that was most affected by the H5N8 bird flu virus that spread through wild birds across the continent last year. Of course some cases may break out at any time but by no means we will be in the same situation, we'll be able to deal with it very quickly," Marie-Pierre Pe, director of French foie gras makers group CIFOG, told reporters.
- Girl baked grandfather's ashes into cookies and gave them to classmates, police say - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:51:00 -0400
A high school student mixed her cremated grandfather's ashes into homemade biscuits and gave them to classmates, police in California have said. The youngster and a friend shared the cookies with nine other pupils at Da Vinci Charter Academy in the city of Davis. "She had mentioned her grandpa's ashes before," said Andy Knox.
- Does this 15-second video show the new Mazda3? - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:17:19 -0400
Mazda has shared a brief video teasing what's believed to be the fourth-generation of the Mazda3 over a month before it's expected to make its official debut. Mazda, however, gave us some candy apple red eye candy ahead of time. At the start of the video, we get a quick view of what looks to be the tail of a vibrant red hatchback, followed by a shadowed side view of a gray vehicle.
- The 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T Is Purist Perfection - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:30:00 -0400
This hard-core 911 comes without a hard-core price.
- 34 of the Best IKEA Hacks on the Internet - Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:16:00 -0400
DIY at its finest
- Jimmy Carter Says Brett Kavanaugh 'Unfit' To Serve As Supreme Court Justice - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:49:11 -0400
Former President Jimmy Carter didn't mince words while discussing Supreme